This course is an introductory course in digital logic design, which is a very basic course in most of the Electrical and Computer Engineering programs.
1. Introduction to number systems and codes.
2. Analysis and synthesis of digital logic circuits: Basic logic functions, Boolean algebra, Combinational logic design
3. Minimization of combinational logic: Karnaugh Map
4. Programmable logic devices: logic arrays, field programmable logic arrays and programmable read only memory.
5. Sequential circuits: different types of latches, flip-flops and their design using ASM approach, timing analysis and power optimization of sequential circuits.
6. Modular sequential logic circuit design: shift registers, counters and their applications.
7. Implementation of basic static logic gates in CMOS and BiCMOS: DC characteristics, noise margin and power dissipation, power optimization of basic gates and combinational logic circuits.
8. Modular combinational circuit design: pass transistor, pass gates, multiplexer, demultiplexer and their implementation in CMOS, decoder, encoder, comparators, binary arithmetic elements and ALU design.